Ortho Tri-Cyclen dosage is 1 pill on the first day of your menstrual cycle or on the first Sunday after your menstruation appears. Do not break doctor’s recommendations and take greater and smaller dosage of contraceptive drugs. If you forget something it is better to read instruction for use or just again to consult your personal doctor.
You may feel the demand for using some other types of protection, such as condoms or contraceptive ring when you start utilizing Ortho Tri-Cyclen for the first time. You should strictly follow doctor’s instructions and prescriptions.
[ithshop code=”tricyclen” tpl=”short” page_id=”826″ dummy=”txt”]
Apply 1 pill daily, with no more than 24 hours periodicity. When one package is completed, start a new package on the next day. You may become pregnant if you do not apply 1 pill every day.
28 days course pack is comprised of seven “refresher” tablets to keep you on a regular menstrual cycle. Your menstruation will always start while you are utilizing these refresher tablets. You may have breakthrough bleeding, especially over first three months of contraceptive pills intake. Inform your gynecologist if this bleeding lasts for long or is very ample.
If you need some kind of medical intervention or medical screenings or if you are in stress condition, you may need to stop utilizing Ortho Tri-Cyclen for a short period of time. Any doctor or surgeon who prescribes treatment for you should be informed that you are taking contraceptive means.
While taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen, you will be required to attend your doctor constantly.
The Dose Missing
- If you miss 1 active tablet, apply two pills at one and the same time on the day that you realize it. Then follow the habitual regimen.
- If you skip 2 active tablets at a stretch in the first and second week, apply 2 pills a day for two days at a stretch. Then apply 1 pill a day for the rest package. Use other contraceptive means except for this one for at least 7 days following the skipped tablets.
- If you skip 2 active tablets in a stretch during the third week, dismiss this package and start applying a new package the same day if you start Ortho Tri-Cyclen intake on the first day of your menstrual cycle. If you start it at Sunday, continue applying pills daily until Sunday. On Sunday, dismiss this package and start a new one this exact day.
- If you skip 3 active tablets in a stretch during first, second and the third week, dismiss this package and start a new one on the same day if you start taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen on the 1st day of your periods. If you start medicine on Sunday, continue taking a pill daily until Sunday. On Sunday, dismiss the rest of package and start applying a new one that exact day.
- If you skip 2 or more tablets, menstruation may not come that month. If your menstruation doesn’t appear for two months in a stretch, attend your doctor because you might get pregnant.
- If you miss a refresher tablet, dismiss it and continue applying one refresher tablet a day until the package is not completed. You do not require to apply any other methods of birth control if you skip a refresher tablet.
There are no scientifical proves that Ortho Tri-Cyclen may cause an overdose. If you follow the doctor’s prescriptions and recommendations there is no risk of unpleasant intoxication symptoms appearance. Be attentive while taking this contraceptive medication and in case of any question consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Posted by Dr. Himanshu Singh