Advair Diskus is a drug used for bronchial asthma and obstructive pulmonary diseases treatment. There are two components – included in drug composition – fluticasone and salmeterol – provide a bronchodilatory, antiasthmatic and anti-inflammatory effect. The first substance is a glucocorticosteroid, which differs favorably from other means of this group when using inhaled – fluticasone does not affect human hormone system condition, especially adrenal cortex hormones. Thus, being not inferior to other glucocorticosteroids in anti-inflammatory activity, it is preferable in terms of overall safety.
[ithshop code=”advair” tpl=”short” page_id=”969″ dummy=”txt”]
Advair is a substance that prevents an allergic response – bronchospasm. Both early and late reactions to allergens are relieved by inhalation of this component. It is used as a base drug in asthma treatment at patients of different ages. It also can be used as maintenance therapy means for patients with the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
This medication is released in two forms – suspension and powder for inhalation. Drug instruction points out that this is the only possible way of its usage. An important feature of Advair treatment is a necessity for regular inhalations – regardless of symptoms presence or absence. Medication initial dosage is gradually reduced to minimal effect. But this process has to gradually take place under constant specialist’s supervision.
- a regular asthma treatment in those cases when it is necessary to use corticosteroids in complex with bronchodilators. It is prescribed to patients with asthma who use inhaled short-acting corticosteroids and beta-adrenergic agonists, and who report unsatisfactory disease control.
- a reversible respiratory system obstructive diseases treatment, including asthma in children and adults, in the case when it is necessary to carry out combined treatment with bronchodilator and an inhaled corticosteroid. This inhaler is indicated for patients who receive maintenance doses of long-acting inhaled corticosteroids and selective beta2-adrenergic agonists.
- Advair is used to treat patients who during corticosteroids monotherapy observe obstructive pulmonary disease signs. It is also prescribed to people receiving bronchodilators if necessary to prescribe inhaled corticosteroids.
- a basic medicine for people with the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (including chronic bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema).
- Advair from Canadian Pharmacy is used for asthma treatment in people who need combination therapy with long-acting inhaled corticosteroids and beta2-adrenergic agonist.
- It is used as initial supporting means at patients with persistent asthma if they have indications for GCS.
- as a maintenance therapy for chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
Reviews about Advair Diskus
There are a lot of fairly positive and detailed reviews about Advair and its application on the Internet. These reviews tell about long-term and successful drug use without side effects. There are many patients who literally live with this medication. Discussing it, some point out that it is better, after inhalation thoroughly, to rinse your mouth or even brush your teeth (this will help to avoid such complications as candidosis).
If you are prescribed Advair – be very attentive to this indication. Remember: this medicine should not be abruptly withdrawn, taken irregularly. As one doctor said, answering patients’ questions: «If you use this inhaler from time to time – it will do more harm than good.»
Posted by Dr. Himanshu Singh