What is Ventolin?
Canadian Ventolin is an inhaler directed to arrest asthma attacks. Its active ingredient is Salbutamol (daily dose is 2, 5 mg). Other additive constituents are sodium chloride, diluted sulfuric acid, and purified water. Ventolin inhaler is considered to be one of the most effective medications applied and prescribed for asthma attacks treatment. Ventolin may be ordered online via My Canadian Pharmacy https://mycanadianpharmacyteam.com/.
Salbutamol is 2- selective adrenoreceptor agonist. At therapeutic doses, it performs on the β2-adrenergic bronchi muscles receptors with minimal or no effect on β1-adrenergic cardiac receptors.
The onset of drug action accounted for 4-5 minute after inhalation with a duration of 4-6 hours. Once in the systemic circulation, the drug is metabolized in liver and excreted in kidneys in unchanged form.
Dose ranked from nasopharynx to digestive system, absorbed in intestine, the first stage of the metabolism in the liver to phenolsulphonate compound is carried out, and then it is excreted by kidneys.
It is applied as treatment of adults and children from 4 years old. The drug is indicated for rapid relief of acute asthma attacks, as well as for patients’ treatment with chronic obstructive bronchitis who do not respond to traditional therapy.
Indications for Ventolin Inhaler Use
- Bronchial asthma:
- Relief of asthma attacks, including bronchial asthma exacerbation with heavy currents;
- Prevention of bronchospasm attacks associated with impact of allergen or exercise-inducement;
- Used as a component in long-term maintenance asthma treatment;
- COPD, accompanied by reversible airway obstruction;
- Chronic bronchitis.
Instructions for use of Drug Ventolin
- Prepare nebulizer for use.
- Open the bag and take out Ventolin from there. Do not remove bag, if this is not necessary.
- Shake Ventolin inhaler, which is removed. If there is not one inhaler in pack better to leave them in aluminum bag and put them in a cardboard box.
- Hold the upper end of Ventolin inhaler; turn the other end to it.
- Insert nebulizer in the open side down and press softly. Make sure that the entire drug flowed into nebulizer.
- Assemble the nebulizer and use it according to the instructions for its.
- After use, rinse the nebulizer drug; residues should be disposed of.
Children: Ventolin for asthma is prescribed for children aged up to 4 years.
Application during Pregnancy and Lactation Period
Ventolin drug or inhaler for pregnant women is assigned only when expected benefit to the patient outweighs the potential risk to fetus.
During post-authorization safety study rare cases of various congenital malformations in children were revealed, including the formation of cleft palate and limb malformations, on the background of Canadian Pharmacy Ventolin intake during pregnancy. In some of these cases, mother took multiple concomitant medications during pregnancy. The causal relationships with drug intake have not been established.
Salbutamol is likely to penetrate into breast milk, so it is not recommended for nursing mothers unless the expected benefit to the patient outweighs the most potential risk to the child. No data is provided relating to the fact that salbutamol has negative effect on child while breast-feeding.
This article is an introduction devoted to share facts about Canadian Ventolin Inhaler conducted by My Canadian Pharmacy Team. Follow-up study is revealed in listed below articles: