Zithromax is a proved generic medication of Sumamed. Here there is the detailed description of Sumamed.
Generic Name: Zithromax
It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Sumamed is antibiotic-azalide, a representative of a new subgroup of macrolide antibiotics. When taking in case of inflammation in high concentrations it has a bactericidal effect.
[ithshop code=”zithromax” tpl=”short” page_id=”776″ dummy=”txt”]
Such bacteria are sensitive as:
- Gram-positive cocci: Streptococcus pneumoniae, St. pyogenes, St. agalactiae, Streptococcus groups CF and G, Staphylococcus aureus, St. Viridans.
- Gram-negative bacteria: Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Bordetella pertussis, B. parapertussis, Legionella pneumophila, H. ducrei, Campylobacter jejuni, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Gardnerella vaginalis.
- Some anaerobic microorganisms: Bacteroides bivius, Clostridium perfringens, Peptostreptococcus spp; and Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Treponema pallidum, Borrelia burgdoferi.
Azithromycin (Sumamed) or Zithromax is inactive against Gram-positive bacteria resistant to erythromycin.
Absorption. It is rapidly absorbed from gastrointestinal tract, due to its stability in an acidic medium and lipophilicity. After oral administration of 500 mg Sumamed maximum concentration of this medication in plasma is reached after 2.5 hours, -2.96 and 0.4 mg / l. Bioavailability is 37%.
Excretion from plasma carries out in 2 phase: half-life of 14-20 hours in the range of 8 to 24 hours after intake, and 41 h – in the range from 24 to 72 hours. This scheme contributed to a daily intake of this medication.
Mode of Application
Sumamed is taken 1 time a day, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
Nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, rarely – vomiting and flatulence (gas accumulation in the intestine). Perhaps there may be a transient increase in liver enzymes. Skin rash is extremely rare to be noticed.
Hypersensitivity to macrolide antibiotics. Sumamed should be taken with caution when the drug is administered by patients with severely impaired liver and kidney function. The drug should be used with caution in patients with an indication of allergic reactions in anamnesis (medical history).
During pregnancy and lactation, Sumamed is not appointed, except in cases where benefit after drug use is greater than the possible risk to the fetus.
- Symptoms: nausea, temporary hearing loss, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Treatment: symptomatic therapy; gastric lavage.
Posted by Dr. Himanshu Singh